Sunday 1 May 2016

The LA I Love Part II



At first sight LA is nothing more than a city full of high rises but behind  the asphalt  jungle ( it reminds of  that Guns n'Roses song, that one called "Welcome to the Jungle") , there's so much to see and do that I could stay there for months.
Today, I will tell you a little about the city: Downtown LA, Hollywood  Boulevard, Rodeo Drive and the WB Studios.




 Downtown LA: I've been there few times and there is nothing so impressive besides the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Staples Center.
Once, I took the subway from Long Beach to downtown LA and I confess, I panicked. Boarding on the train in Long Beach was nice and the station was beautiful, but once I arrived downtown it looked dangerous, I don’t know  if it was because it was Sunday but people I met told me it is not a good idea walking around with a suitcase in that area  so it was the first and the last time I took a Subway in LA. Renting a car is the best option.
El Pueblo

If you like history visit El Pueblo Nuestra Señora Reina de Los Angeles   it is a Church and a Square really different from anywhere else in the city and there is a nice Latin Market there. You can book free tours on the website linked to its name. The impressive thing is the constructions make you feel  you are travelling to the past.




Chinatown


But if you want to take nice pictures go to Chinatown, it doesn't look safe there but it is ok. It is beautiful, with many restaurants, events and free walking tours, visit the website to learn more.










Rodeo Drive

Rodeo Drive
Well, if you are over 25, probably you’ve seen Pretty Woman and remember Julia Roberts  being moked when trying to shop wearing her working clothes. That’s there, on Rodeo Drive. Don’t miss your chance to see the hotel where she spend her fairy tale days and also, if you can afford: buy, buy and buy there. Many stars choose Rodeo drive when shopping  but don’t think it is easy to see them,  usually, they call before arrival so the clients are gently asked to leave, the doors can be closed and the stars happily buy all they need.  If you are not a star or prefer spending your money with something more fun…go there to take some pics and window-shop as much as you want. The stores are amazing and the cars stunning








First impression: Hollywood land of dreams, nothing is really what it looks like on TV. It looked a lot dirtier and busier than in my romantic idea, but it’s Hollywood it’s magical, you have to go.

 I really enjoyed the Walk of Fame, taking pictures with the stars is a challenge. The highlights are the Chinese and Kodak theater, if you go inside the Kodak Theater you get to see the Hollywood Sign, the picture from there is not so impressive, but better than nothing. I went up the hills once and took a better picture, but I am still looking for a really good one. I accept suggestions. 
Well the part I personally dislike in Hollywood is the amount of people selling tours and souvenirs it is very hard to walk without being approached by people offering something.

Warner Bros : Imagine visiting the set of Two and a Half Man , going to Central Perk for some pictures, visiting a museum where you can see an actual  Batmobile or the scooby doo's Van, taking a close look into the Harry Potter's very small room and if you are lucky enough meeting a real star in action. Those are some of the risks you have to take when visiting one of my favorite attractions when visiting L.A . The Warner Brothers Studios located in Burbank a little far from downtown but worth the trip. If you don't wanna miss it choose your tour there are tours for all tastes and almost all pockets , just click and check :WB Studios



Scooby doo's car

Next post I will tell you a little about three things to do and Nightlife. If you liked follow me and if you have more suggestions, please drop me a line









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best of LA - Part III Today I will be brief… these are some precious hidden treasures LA has, please don’t miss them: The Getty ...